Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Giving Thanks 2013

I have so much to be thankful for this year. Giving thanks in 2013, meant thinking about

A patient, diligent husband
Wonderful jobs
Opportunities to travel
Kind families
Health
Transportation
A beautiful home that is feeling more and more like ours, each and every day
Warm blankets 
Nights watching the Andy Griffith show
Reading 
Baking, cooking, and having a convenient kitchen to do that in
The Gospel of Jesus Christ
Hope
General conferences
Forgiveness

This year was the first that Ben and I spent with my side of the family during Thanksgiving. I loved hearing my mom call the turkey "the bird" all day, just like old times. It's little things like that that fill your heart with gratitude. We spent a few days at my parents' watching movies with everyone, catching up, making food, and having family pictures. Who knows when we'll all be together again!? With some in CA, VT, ID, and UT, we never really know when we'll see each other next. Here's the rest of the trip in pictures:


I made the rolls this year. They've come a long way since the first time I attempted them for the Browning Thanksgiving 2011 when they looked like little pebbles :)


I also made five pies, and had lots of fun fun making the crust :)


I spent lots of time with Oreo. 


 Because Kim and Leslie are due sixish weeks apart, we had a little celebration for them at a cafe. I am so excited to meet both of my little nephews!




 Ben took some maternity pics of Kim and Steve, so I snapped a couple with my not-so-nice camera. 


I am so grateful that families can be together forever! 

No comments:

Post a Comment