Thursday, September 4, 2014

Before and After Pictures



(So this post isn't formatting like it is in my draft...sorry it looks terrible!)

Welp, we moved--all the way from North Ogden to Pleasant View, which is exactly seven minutes away! It was a fast and unexpected decision, and I intend to write more about it when I get a chance, but I needed to do this post before it seemed completely irrelevant. I had promised multiple people pictures of before and after pictures of our "old" house that we had almost entirely re-painted a year and a half ago. With more furniture, decorations, etc. our house was becoming less a hodge-podge of randomness over the last year and a half. So here's this long-awaited post about a house we don't even live in anymore (as of last month).





FAMILY ROOM BEFORE: I actually liked this green but there
were lots of dings, and it was harder for me to decorate because
it was such a strong color.


































FAMILY ROOM AFTER: As you'll see through the rest of the post,
this color brightened EVERYTHING. We loved that it felt lighter,
and we loved this color in the family room. It felt like a soft cream
with a tinge of yellow on the main level and basement, but somehow,
this same exact color upstairs felt way TOO yellow for me. It's amazing
how, depending on the location, the same color can look so different.


KITCHEN BEFORE:

KITCHEN AFTER: So not much of a difference other than a few
 decorations, but I have to say I really miss my old cupboard space.
 I am going through withdrawals.

MASTER BEDROOM BEFORE: I like this dark green color, it's
actually my favorite color, but not on a wall.




MASTER BEDROOM AFTER: After painting the room tea light, 
the same color as downstairs, it felt so much more yellow than I 
anticipated, and I thought it was a little too over-the-top. BUT it did 
make the room feel bigger. Our huge bedroom is another thing I've 
been missing...































MASTER BATH BEFORE: I actually didn't mind the red here, but
some of the walls were pretty damaged, so it needed to go.

MASTER BATH AFTER

BASEMENT BEFORE:


BASEMENT AFTER: I don't have a picture of after :(
but the walls were painted the same color as the family room,
and it really brightened the basement.

BASEMENT BATHROOM BEFORE:



BATHROOM AFTER: We took it from a muddy brownish 
green to the same color as most of the house 
which really brightened up this bathroom!
HALLWAY BEFORE:


HALLWAY AFTER: Went to that same tea light color--
total difference of brightness!



BATHROOM BEFORE: This green was a little too crazy for me...


BATHROOM AFTER: I actually really liked the bright yellow in here. 
You'd think our favorite color was yellow from all of our wall choices.



BEDROOM BEFORE:

OTHER BEDROOM BEFORE














BEDROOM AFTER: I wish I had pictures of this. This room was painted a happy yellow, much more subtle than the hot pink.









This room went from blue underneath the trim to a green
 underneath the trim with tea light on top. 
I wish I had taken pictures!

LIVING ROOM BEFORE: This mustard yellow was the
 first thing you saw when you walked into the house.
This may be my least favorite color of all time.



LIVING ROOM AFTER: We went to a soft yellow instead of the mustard on the two opposing walls. I really liked it although....I don't think it really matched with our decor.








Goodbye, house! Thanks for the memories!

1 comment:

  1. This looks so cute! Now I REALLY want to see pictures of the new house!

    ReplyDelete