Thursday, October 29, 2015

Confessions

1. I listen to my music too loud in the car. I love being absolutely enveloped by the sound. But I know I shouldn't...because I might hurt my eardrums someday (that's what my mom told me).
2. I love dancing, singing, and driving--at the same time--a dangerous occupation, perhaps, but I blame it all on my high school friend Amber Haueter White.
3. I have never been pulled over, but I have a j-walking ticket, and I accidentally stole gas once; so there's my criminal record for you. Don't worry, they (being the officers) found me, and I confessed in a written apology with the amount accidentally stolen.
4. I love eating raw cookie dough, and I haven't died yet.
5. Sometimes I would rather be reading by myself than in a crowd socializing.
6. Reality TV. So embarrassing. I never thought I liked reality TV until I found the Food Network and HGTV shows on Netflix. They are a guilty pleasure--Chopped, The Next Food Network Star, The Great Food Truck Race, Fixer Upper, International House Hunters, they are all things I shamefully enjoy, even though I know there are a lot more productive things in life: like reading, cooking, serving others, and being president of the United States. I blame this on Ben's MBA program and him being gone so much or doing HW, leaving me alone at random hours of the night.
7. I love music like Enya, Celtic Woman, and the Canadian Tenors. Nerdy but oh so true.
8. I also love clean, modern clean pop music that you can dance to!
9. I once was told I dance like a black person; I am still not sure how to interpret that.
10. When I used to straighten my hair occasionally, everyone would ask, indirectly, why I didn't do that more often or every day because it looked so much better (after 2 hours of hard labor). I tried not take that as an insult to my curly hair, but as you can tell, I'm not over it. It doesn't help that my husband thinks I would have been married much sooner if I had straight hair--indirect quote. Obviously, I wasn't affected enough to straighten my hair permanently. And good thing my husband now loves my hair curly :)

2 comments:

  1. Please, please tell me you've also watched The Great British Bake Off (or The Great British Baking Show, as it's known on Netflix and PBS). Sara got me hooked, and it's fantastic. I wish we could all watch it together!

    Curly hair is a blessing and a curse, but I think yours is fabulous! I married a man who loves curly hair, so I totally lucked out (straightening is a beast!).

    I hope you are doing well! I'd love to catch up sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did I miss this one?!? Haha I LOVED reading these!!! Katie, you're awesome. :) And us "flat hair" girls are envious of your body and wave (and ringlets!!!) I hope you know! :D Ah these were all great. Thanks for "confessing!"

    ReplyDelete