Monday, April 25, 2016

Mission Beach Trip

I have been totally failing at my monthly blogging goal due to life's craziness, combined with computer troubles. I am backtracking so I don't lose some of these precious memories.

In April, my parents let us stay at their beach house for a few days. It was a very low-key trip and just what we needed after Ben's two year MBA, house remodeling and many infertility appointments and treatments. It had been a year and a half since we had taken off, just the two of us. Last year we had no leftover vacation days for a just "us" trip, and so it was such a blessing to get some alone time!

We stayed in Mission Beach, near San Diego. We ate lots of delicious food, explored downtown San Diego and Little Italy, took walks on the beach, walked around Balboa Park, went to Old Town San Diego, took a day to do Sea World, saw the Cabrillo Lighthouse and tide pools, and went to the Carlsbad Flower Fields. It was a great balance of going and going during the day but coming back to the house between 5-6 to watch a show and munch on sweets. Thank you, Mom and Dad, for allowing us to stay there!



On our way to drop Oreo off at my parents!












The reality of taking pictures in the wind with my hair


Cabrillo Tide Pools


Carlsbad Flower Fields


Waking up to this beauty was a treat!


This view!


On our daily walk


We were able to visit my grandparents! I absolutely love these two sweet people. They have always been so good to me. 


The birdhouse my grandpa made. He is so artistic--from paintings to birdhouses! 

 We seriously loved this place. I felt the Spirit so strong here. Growing up in Southern California, you hear a lot about the Mormon Battalion, and I was reminded of these good saints' faith and willingness to go when the call came.


The best part of Sea world was definitely this pineapple whip! Words cannot do it justice on a hot, hot day!


Downtown San Diego


Went to the San Diego Temple--the temple of my growing up :)


Cabrillo Tidepools








Gelato in Little Italy


Balboa Park







No comments:

Post a Comment