Friday, June 15, 2012

Everything Happens in June

Everything truly does happen in June, and this is only the beginning. Other than the things mentioned in this post, I have girls camp, youth conference, a bridal shower for Natalie, a family reunion, a bank convention with Ben in Sun Valley, and Kelsi's wedding all by June 30th. And it is already June 15 so know that the rest of the month I may be out of commission (other than a quick post of meeting my heroes this week, which I hope I find time to do before I leave for forever.) Here goes the happenings :)


Actually, this happened at the end of May, but my youngest sibling, Mary graduated from high school and is about to embark on her adventures at Utah State! I am so excited that she will only be 50 minutes away from me as opposed to an hour and a half :) Go Aggies! They are lucky to have her.


For my first time ever, we planted flowers right by our walkways. Periwinkles, actually. Epic fail. They only looked like this for the first week.

  

Kelsi is getting married two weeks from tomorrow, practically :) So I had to throw a friend bridal shower


which had lots of food ...obviously. In fact, I now have the recipes for toffee fruit dip (amazing with apples) and the best chocolate chip banana bread recipe ever (in my opinion). I am so glad I get to experiment food when I host. It is kind of nerve wracking to serve something you have never made, but I figure it's better than I used to do it when we first got married, and I would practically eat a whole pan of bread by myself before I made it again to serve it for others. Thanks to Becca, I am now in love with cucumber sandwiches, and it was the perfect delicious, refreshing, and easy sandwich for the shower. 


I absolutely loved chatting with lots of Kelsi's old companions and friends who I had heard tons about but never really knew. I just love Kelsi Joi Anderson! June 30th is going to be a beautiful wedding :) Speaking of weddings...my cousin Megan got married yesterday! It was such a beautiful day at the Salt Lake Temple, and Megan just radiated. 


waiting for the bride and groom...


The beautiful happy couple!


We are silly.


Meg and I! I love this girl...and her voice :)


The beautiful reception


I am so glad I married Ben Browning 8 months ago, yesterday :)

June's craziness has just begun...brace yourself. 

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Katie! Josh and I had the same tragic ending with the flowers we planted. We had a few days at best. I'm glad to know we aren't the only ones.

    ReplyDelete