Saturday, June 2, 2012

Memorial Day Weekend

This Memorial Day weekend was so much fun and much of that is owed to Ben's brother, Sam, for getting engaged to the amazing Natalie!! We are so happy for them; they are absolutely adorable and perfect for each other! Their engagement happened the night before our fun-filled journey to the Browning cabin in Island Park, near Yellowstone. Thus, we were able to bask in their excitement the whole trip!

Oh, and our trip wouldn't be properly accounted for without mentioning these little guys:


These are the first chocolate truffles I have made...and possibly the last since they were pretty tricky, but they were delicious! In fact, I made them a few days before the trip and knew I couldn't resist the temptation, so I sent them to Ben's parents because they are far better at resisting than I am; however, I did write "Dead Carpe" on them, just to ward off any truffle invasions. 

Footnote: Just know that much of this trip was spent eating delicious food.

I digress. . . the fun of this trip was really getting to know Natalie better and just spending time as family with Ben's parents. We had fun going to the shops together and trying out ridiculous things.

Sam is an animal--I don't know what kind, actually.
Life long goal reached--to hold a bald eagle on the tip of my finger!

Bald Eagle balanced on Ben's chin!

We also had fun going to the Playmill Theater and seeing "Drowsy Chaperone."  Once we came home, we had the honor of watching Sam and Natalie (who are AMAZING dancers) do some ballroom and social dance for us. It was the highlight of the trip for me :)


Here is a preview of them dancing. I am, sadly, not the best videographer, but you get the point--their talent is world-class :) 

Then we had so much fun singing all together. Sam and Natalie have beautiful voices so this was a blast!


After out "talent show" of sorts, we went to bed very late then awoke Sunday morning for church. There's nothing like ending a Sunday with a Nerf War; I know what you're thinking. . .I am amazed I participated myself :) Natalie and I were on a team against the boys. . . I am not sure who won, but I am pretty sure that wasn't the point. 

I think I missed a memo on this one...

Husband against wife...


I don't think he ever thought I'd actually do this...


This is how I look when I get competitive; okay, let's face it--I don't know how to be competitive.

Even with all the fun times, the best part of this trip was just being together as family. What good memories...Happy "late" Memorial Day!




1 comment:

  1. Hey Alan's family has a cabin at island park too! Are you on Bill's island? Alan thinks he remembers seeing a Browning cabin. And those truffles look amazing! I would have definitely eaten them all before the trip. Haha! Looks like you guys had lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete