Wednesday, August 28, 2013

California Reunion

Last Monday, the much anticipated day happened...it was Ben's first day off of the year (other than weekends and big holidays)!

We spent the whole week in Southern California, family-reunioning with our Connors' side.

(For those of you who wonder why we go to Southern California so often...it's where I grew up, it's where my grandparents live, and it's where my parents have had a house for the last year because my dad has to do much more work there lately).

Here were my top five highlights:

1) Going to the San Diego Temple as a family
2) Going to Coronado for a night and spending lots of time at the beach
3) Going swimming multiple times a day, every day
4) Talking and catching up with siblings and spouses I rarely get to see
5) Finding out Seth and Leslie are having a boy and Sam and Natalie are having a girl (and finding out within forty eight hours of each other). Four of my sisters/sister-in-laws are all due within five months of each other and so far two boys, one girl, and one gender to be determined are scheduled to all enter our family by March 2nd, 2014! It's exciting to think of how much families will grow and expand during this time.

The rest of the summarizing I will leave for pictures...


The amazing window at my parents' home. 



At the beach!





I loved Silver Strand Beach because there were so many shells and sand dollars everywhere! I found a huge clam/oyster thing (the HUGE shell). It was alive--so cool but kind of scary...






A night in San Diego at the pier. 



The view of downtown San Diego from Coronado. I love San Diego. 



On the ferry on our way to Sea Port Village




Our nighttime ferry view



Coronado will always be a family favorite. It's so stunning. We stayed across the street from here. 





Part of the family who came to the beach!



The pool we frequented many times a day.


Seth and Leslie at Safari Park!

Coming back to California, I always fall in love with it all over again--so much to see, so much to do, and so little time. I sure love my family!




1 comment: