Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Yellowstone Mini-Reunion

Last week we were able to go with some of Ben's family to their family cabin in Island Park, near Yellowstone. I love this place. It has the most beautiful scenery and is a recipe for relaxation. 

The trip was spent looking at beautiful scenery, watching fun movies, eating delicious food, browsing through West Yellowstone and watching Beauty and the Beast at the Playmill. We loved it: here is the recap in photos~


The first morning we took it easy and went out to Bill's Island and looked around. Even with the low water level, it was beautiful! 


Did I mention that I love when I get to spend all day with my husband? It is rare, and it is the best. 



Ben was sneakily taking pictures. 


Ben's parents in front of the lake!


This is the amazing view from the cabin--can it get any better!?



I think this is one of the most darling pictures ever...


The view...again


The scary spider I found that blended in with the rocks...almost



Big Springs is one of my favorite places




Such a cute couple! We love Sam and Nat! 


Then we took a look at Ben's old family cabin, which is all boarded up. 




So we broke in. Literally. It was neat to see the place where Ben had so many memories growing up. 


The Old Pony Express hotel right next to the old cabin. It was built in the 1800s and was on the old trail that led to West Yellowstone. 


On our walk through the forest


A beautiful moment near the old cabin

No comments:

Post a Comment