Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Not To Be Forgotten

Dear Ben,

Because this summer has been filled with several big things, I wanted to make sure that we didn't forget the little things. So in honor of the little things...


  1. Remember how at the beginning of the summer we resolved to go on a hike every Saturday morning of the summer...and that lasted the first month...about? Remember how we kept trying to drive to our hiking destinations and got sidetracked by amazing yard sales? It was worth it. 



2. Remember how we went to and from my parents and your parents to spend time with family? 


3. Do you remember how I tried to surprise you on a date and took you to the Summer Drive-In, and we saw Despicable Me 2 and Monsters University and had a delicious Chick-fil-A Oreo milkshakes (my new favorite!) 


4. Do you remember how ALL of the summer rain storms happened while we were out of town, except for one, and I was so happy because it was raining, which you don't quite understand. Do you remember how we spent that wonderful, rainy Saturday morning watching TV and eating churro waffles while watching our back porch flood (yikes...that's only after three hours of rain...) 


5. Do you remember all the firework shows we saw this summer--Real Salt Lake fireworks, 4th of July fireworks, and the Pioneer Day Devotional fireworks?

6. Do you remember how all summer I had wanted to make homemade strawberry jam, and finally, the prices were low, and even though I had a million things to do, I put them on hold to make freezer strawberry jam but then felt guilty and you had to listen to me confess to making strawberry jam instead of doing anything and everything else?  



7. Do you remember being a good sport and going to pet stores randomly throughout the summer? I know it's not your favorite activity, but if we can't have them, we can look, right?  


8. Do you remember how I fell in love with my dream home exterior and talked about painting its shutters green?


9. Do you remember how we we went to the rodeo, and it was so incredibly hot that we only lasted for ninety minutes, went to the dollar movie theater instead and had a fun movie date night?


10. Do you remember how one of your wife's New Years' Resolutions was to submit something to the New Era, and she finally heard back that it is being considered for publication even though she thought it wouldn't be? 


11. Do you remember all our wonderful temple trips this summer? 


12) Do you remember how thrilled we were that we could make our own baked doughnuts? Mmm...I can just taste the pumpkin cinnamon sugar doughnut ones right now. 



13) Do you remember how you surprised me with an FHE date night to The Odd Life of Timothy Green in the park? 


14) Do you remember trying to cross off our bucket list for the summer and going to Eden to walk along its beaches and marveling that we live only twenty minutes from this beautiful place? 



15) Last but not least, do you remember coming home and having to fix this (with the help of your wonderful dad)? 


Thank you for sharing these summer memories with me. They wouldn't be what they are without you. 

6 comments:

  1. I love this. I should do one for our family summer. You guys are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ps--congrats on your New Era submission!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cambria! I love reading your blog--you guys have the best adventures! :)

      Delete
  3. You totally don't know me, but I grew up with Ben and am good friends with Becca Hoxer. Anyway, I loved your list of your simple summer memories! And how exciting that you have an article under submission! I submitted one to the Ensign and didn't hear anything for 2 years! I hope to read yours someday! Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Becky! Becca has told me much about you; I feel honored that you read my blog in its simpleness :) And that's awesome about your Ensign article--I hear it can take forever to find out and forever to publish, depending. I would love to read your article if you have a link? I am excited to explore your blogs :) They look amazing!!

      Delete
  4. This is so sweet Katie! What a fun thing to have recorded and to treasure for always! Your kids will love it :). Wish we lived closer to go on double dates!

    Congratulations with the New Era article! That is so exciting! You'll have to let us know when it is published!

    Love and miss you!

    ReplyDelete