Monday, October 28, 2013

Year Two


Two years has gone by so fast, yet it is hard to remember what life was like without my Ben. 

We were only engaged a week when this picture was taken! 
He takes such good care of me. I can honestly say that I have learned more from my husband than I have from anyone else. Yes, we have our differences: like the minute he comes home, he unpacks everything (even if it is three AM) while I would rather face unpacking the next day. He doesn't like refried beans or sour cream, and I most definitely do. He is more organized than I am (I must sometimes drive him crazy). He is go with-the-flow, and I want to be, but I am not. 


I am reminded of the line from the movie Emma, "Perhaps it is our imperfections that make us so perfect for one another." I would have to agree. However, I know my imperfections are much more numerous than his. 


Although we have our differences, I love that we have so much in common. I love that Ben will go to performing arts type things with me, we like most of the same movies, we both really dislike sandwich condiments and tomatoes, we love to travel, and we both love to plan (especially me.) 


Marriage is not always rainbows and flowers, but it is worth the hard work. 


 Heaven would not be heaven without my Ben. I am so grateful that on October 14, 2011 we chose to be each other's for all eternity. This love is for forever, and we are two years in.  



3 comments:

  1. You two make a very cute couple. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You two are so great! I'm so glad you found each other...and our ward!!!

    ReplyDelete