Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Family Festivities

Even though Ben had to work during most days during the holiday season (other than Christmas and New Year's Day), we were able to still find time every night to make the drive to Ogden to spend time with family. 

This was our first Christmas with the Browning side of the family! It was also the first Christmas in a long time that every Browning boy was there (and not on a mission). We were so excited when we found out at the last minute that Josh and Kristen would be able to make the long trip from Iowa to Utah to join us for a few weeks!

My top highlights of the holiday week were:

  • Playing with Tate and Ian (and meeting Ian for the first time).
  • Singing with the Browning girls in the Christmas Eve Family Program "Unwrapping Christmas"
  • Going to some fun movies! My new favorite animated movie is Frozen! I could listen to the music all day...oh wait...I already have. My second favorite movie was The Book Thief, which I was able to see with my sister and mom the week before Christmas time. That was such a powerful and heart-warming movie.
  • Catching up with everyone! I loved that Nat and Sam were able to come down for a few days, even though Nat's due date was a week away! I loved hearing Nat's pregnancy tales, Josh and Kristen's Iowa experiences, and the rest of everyone's stories! 



Love these little boys! 




The girls singing a trio. I want to sing with my Browning sisters more--they both have beautiful voices! 


Loved Spencer's song and Sam's harmonizing! 


Just hanging out :)



Josh has made so much improvement since I was last with him in Iowa! 


This was one of the most hilarious things I have seen in my life...Sam and Nat gave Spencer an iARM for Christmas...or so we thought. They raved about how he could use it while he washed his car (as shown in the picture)...They insisted Spencer open it up, and lo and behold, it was something entirely different. The box was a total hoax. They totally had me believing for a while though...




The Browning Christmas Tree was especially beautiful this year~


Ben and Ian


All of us "kids" on Christmas morning



Tate was gleeful about his present. 





Later on Christmas Day, we went to Ben's aunt's house to have a wonderful feast. Later on, the boys played Nerf wars while the girls chatted away. Tate especially loved the Nerf gun goggles. 


Ian was the cutest little Santa I ever did see. He is such an amazing baby--so peaceful and so happy! I love him already!



Seriously, this smile is non-stop!



To celebrate Nat's birthday, we went to Goodwood. Here's my buddy Tate! 



We had even more deliciousness at Chick-Fil-A...we are sort of obsessed with their milkshakes, particularly their Cookies & Cream ones! 

It was a wonderful Christmas and New Years. 






No comments:

Post a Comment