Thursday, January 26, 2012

What's Been Happening...


Ben and I met in the Spring and were married October 14, 2011. He has been such a wonderful blessing in my life. He is always with me every step of the way. I couldn't ask for a more supportive, righteous, loving, and fun husband. He even survived our engagement through my student teaching (yes, we got married in the middle of my student teaching--we were that in love :) Speaking of, I loved student teaching. I loved my students, my cooperating teacher, discussing literature, hearing their comments-- everything! The only thing I did not like was the constant stress and time constraints, but I am sure if I taught for a few more years, I would get used to it (that's what all the veteran teachers kept telling me). I digress... Ben and I got married in the middle of my student teaching. I student taught until the middle of November when, for the first time in a long time, I was not involved in any education. Since then, I have been trying to accept the fact that I am done with my bachelors, masters, and teaching certificate and I can move on from the phase of education (in the formal sense, of course). It's been nice not having "homework" and "studying", but I miss the satisfying feeling you have after turning in a 30 page paper in a weird, partially insincere way.

Since student teaching, Ben goes to work every day at the bank as a Lending Operations Analyst (he's been doing this for a few years), and I have been finally able to concentrate on making our house a home. We are living in North Ogden, UT, which has a charm about it that I just love! It is nestled at the base/bottom of the mountains, has a great view, wonderful hard-working people with great values, and my favorite community grocery store! Note to everyone: North Ogden is much different than Ogden, even though the only addition is "North," it's totally different than you would imagine Ogden. In fact, we live twenty minutes away from Ogden. We have loved the opportunity to be in our home:

My favorite features are: the kitchen, the big family room, and the fact that Ben and I get to start married life here. Some things that we are going to work on, eventually, are the multi-colored walls, dings, dents etc. Almost every room is a different color. We have a hot pink room, a mustard yellow living room etc. Some of the colors we like and some...not so much. However, the view we have from the back of the house/our back yard makes up for any "color"ing.
Even more than the view, we love the people who surround us. We have amazing neighbors and love our ward. With the last snow storm, we had so many people come snowblow our driveway for us (we haven't gotten one yet...we forgot that we live on the side of a mountain :) We plan to get one soon. These people are so kind, and we are so grateful for their examples. I am in the Young Women organization right now as the Laurels Advisor. I am loving the people I serve with: the leaders and the girls (who happen to be many of my former students from student teaching). Ben and I feel like this is the place where we are supposed to be right now, which is why we came here in the first place. We are so grateful that we are living here, have found each other (after a very long search--at least, that's what it felt like), and have been making so many friends. This was a super long post, but how can you catch up on a few months?! I know--you can't!

15 comments:

  1. what a lovely home! and what a blessed life :) i am very happy for you katie dear. love, aesa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Aesa! I love reading your blog and seeing all the cute things you are doing and your little family! You are amazing!

      Delete
  2. Katie!! I love your blog and am so happy you have one. Your home is beautiful! I absolutely love the view. My sister's husband is actually from North Ogden and his mom still lives there. I wonder if you would know her. Do you know any Daltons? Anyway, I am excited to keep up on your life. I'm so happy for you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jolee! It is so good to hear from you! I have loved following your blog (I feel like a secret blog stalker because I never knew how to comment or anything :) I do not know the Daltons but perhaps we will run into them sometime? :)

      Delete
  3. Wow! What a sweet looking house! I miss seeing you over at the school all the time, and especially having Ben as my Home Teacher! (I have to lure my new home teacher over to visit me... The promise of treats tends to have that effect...) I miss you both! If it works with either of your schedules, I would love to swing by for a visit very soon! I feel like it has been forever! All the best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! Welcome to blogging. If you see on our blog: benandcamille.blogspot.com, you can see another benefit to blogging--I make blog books each year that end up being our family journals! So keep it up! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Camille! I actually have been reading your blog for the last couple months, and you are amazing! Some of your posts took my breath away. I love the journal idea, too, by the way. Hope to see you guys soon! :)

      Delete
  5. what a beautiful view, a beautiful home, and a happy couple! i'm excited to read your blog and keep up with things. Laurel advisor is the best (and sometimes hard) callings! i've been doing that for 2 1/2 years now. I'm sure you are wonderful at it. My blog is at not-one-empty-chair.blogspot.com if you're interested in keeping up with mine as well. So happy to hear you're doing well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Meliss! I feel like I have been secretly reading your blog for a long time and never knew I could comment :) You are an amazing mother, and it is so fun to hear about your neat experiences. Thanks for your example!

      Delete
  6. Oo, I just love this! Your home is beautiful, Miss Katie! I wish we lived closer so I could come over and see your home and catch up like the old days. You're so wonderful1

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tell me more about these yw leaders. They sound fantastic! ;) I am glad you guys are in North Ogden and that you're liking it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are so many fantastic leaders. There's this one named Becca; I just love her a lot :)

      Delete
  8. I love your blog! And you house is gorgeous! So happy for you guys. Keep posting so I can keep up with all the fun things going on in your life. My blog is tylerandskye.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Skye! I have loved reading your blog and am so excited for you and that little growing baby boy! I miss you dearly and hope you are loving your adventure! :)Keep in touch! I wouldn't want to lose a friend as amazing as you!

      Delete
  9. Oh Katie, you are wonderful! I love seeing your beautiful home and gorgeous view! Can't wait to come visit :)

    ReplyDelete