Thursday, April 19, 2012

Are You Old Enough to Drive?

Yes, I was really asked this question by a thirteenish year old boy. I was on my run and this thirteenish year old boy was riding his bike with his dog, and the dog came chasing me. Luckily, I saw this as a wonderful opportunity to pet it! So I pet it, he apologized for his dog running towards me, and I assured him I liked animals.

Then.

He started telling me about trails I could run on, and he asked where I lived (it sounded like he wanted to know so we could "play" sometime). He then asked if I was old enough to dive. I assured him I was, thanked him for letting me pet his dog, and went on my way, sheepishly.

I have been mistaken for being younger than I am for. . . my whole life. While I was conducting parent/teacher conferences, parents were shocked to find I was the teacher, and would say you look just like the students! The student teaching coordinator even asked me if I was sure I wanted to do high school because I looked so young, and she was concerned they might take advantage of me. Many lovely people in our ward have commented that I look just like one of the Laurels. I was asked if I was a freshmen/sophomore when I was finishing my Masters Degree in Singles Wards.


Oh well.

I guess I know how old I am, and that's all that matters.

1 comment:

  1. Katie, no worries. Think of how great it will be in 10 years when everyone still thinks you are 20!

    ReplyDelete