Wednesday, August 8, 2012

I Have Been Changed for Good

For those who know Amber Haueter and I, know that we are quite the pair with some crazy similarities.


Amber and I go back to senior year of high school when I moved to WA. Her dad was the bishop and he encouraged his daughter to e-mail the girl moving in (who was her same age) to help her feel more comfortable. So we became pen pals and amazing friends before we even met each other.


Then we met, and realized our curly hair, love for singing, dancing, and overall personalities were destined to be friends.


So we sang and danced together...all...the...time (her parents can attest). We would talk for hours on her parents' porch swing when we weren't hanging out with other friends, singing, dancing or eating ice cream together. We even went to Disneyland together on choir tour.


We became "Amber and Katie" and we were always together. Then we went separate paths. She went to BYU-I and I went to BYU, but we still talked to each other quite often and would have the occasional reunion (and had one summer together in between BYU semesters while my parents still lived in WA).


Then amazing Amber decided to go on a mission and was called to CA Fresno Mission. She gets back TODAY! I can't wait. She has always been such an example of goodness to me.


I had the opportunity to be with Amber & family the night before she went into the MTC, and it was a really neat experience. I know Sister Haueter has changed many lives, including mine.


Neat Fact--Amber was in my dad's branch at the MTC (out of all the other hundred!!)


I can't get this picture to flip, but this is her most recent letter. And it's totally Amber--a Monsters Inc. stamp and the BF4E. Amber has always been a terrific note/letter writer, ever since high school!


Until we can make our trip to WA, I am looking forward to hearing her voice on the phone! A lot can happen in 18 months, and we have a lot of catch up to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment