Monday, August 27, 2012

Snapshots

So the past week or so has been filled with many exciting, and not-so-exciting happenings. Both are included  in this recap. First, I'd like to thank Skye for offering to design my blog header because I had no idea how to! She is amazing :)

Lately, I have enjoyed picking flowers from our yard and putting them in a vase to enjoy inside; I am beginning to wish I had taken that Floral Design class at BYU because I never know how to make them look like they do from the florist :)


I made cookie dough cupcakes for my Laurels as a back-to-school motivator. These are the heaviest cupcakes I have ever experienced, but what can you expect when there is a ball of cookie dough (no raw eggs) in the middle? I won't tell you how much butter went into making this recipe. I just won't. 


Making things look nice has never been my forte, but these no-fry glazed doughnuts screamed fall! As they were rising (they were baked and then dipped in glaze), the whole house smelled like cinnamon and nutmeg--fall is almost here!


On to more exciting happenings, we had a fun night hanging out with my dear friends Heather and Becca and their sweet families. I get to serve with Becca and Heather in YW, and they sure have been great friends to have around! Heather decorated  her patio so nicely, we felt like we were at a restaurant. This was the only time we had eaten outside all summer--kind of heart breaking that it's almost over!


The best part was watching Heather and Becca's oldest together on their own mini "date." They have the cutest kids! 


This weekend Mike was home from BYU-I and so we went to the cabin to visit him. Mike and Ben practiced their archery skills. 


They were much braver than I. 


I preferred to watch once I learned the arrows were sharp enough to kill someone, and I don't trust myself. 


So I had the most relaxing evening on the porch watching the boys shoot arrows, listening to the Little Women soundtrack, and watching the sunset through the trees. 


It was pretty much blissful. Saturday we went down to Provo and spent time with family and then our dear friends, the Collettes, at their new home in Spanish Fork! Basically, it was a perfect weekend. The past couple weeks have been made up of some significant and insignificant moments, but I am learning day by day--that's what life is all about.  

No comments:

Post a Comment