Monday, October 15, 2012

The Best Anniversary Weekend Ever!

Okay, so it's our only anniversary weekend ever, but it really was the best! For a long time, Ben and I had been planing to stay in the Little America in Salt Lake on the Friday night of our anniversary weekend.


However, two days before our anticipated trip, Ben caught a cold and so we decided we would have to postpone our trip, BUT the hotel needed more than 48 hours notice so we proceeded with our trip anyways. And we are both so glad we did!

Friday night--we checked into our hotel and went straight to the Little America Coffee Shop Restaurant. I seriously love this place! So elegant yet very decent prices :) We ate a delicious dinner and dessert (we splurged!)




After that we went to our hotel room, and I seriously fell in love with the cozy and charming feeling of our room :) Because Ben was sick, we decided we would take it easy and just watch movies all night--this actually ended up being so much fun, especially when Ben surprised me and pulled out cheddar popcorn, mint fudge oreos, and two Sobe drinks! He knows the way to my heart!


Saturday morning we watched a few Dick Van Dykes (our absolute favorite show) and then got ready to go to the zoo. I had never been to the Hogle Zoo before, and growing up going to the San Diego Zoo, I didn't expect much, but I ended up being very impressed. It was the perfect size for a zoo, not too much, not too little. We seriously had SO much fun looking at all the animals--Ben is so sweet to put up with me getting over-excited at some of the animals--and walking around in the misty on and off rain.


Elephants!


Contrary to popular belief, gorillas eat celery, not bananas, and they like to flex their food.


He was a character, the gorilla that is...


The gorilla and us 


I loved the sea lion.


I love rainy fall days like this.


My new favorite animal--the orange monkey (the golden lion tamarin); looks like a lion and does not sit still. 


The giraffe!

After the fun filled zoo, we went to This is the Place monument. I had never been before; the Spirit is so strong there. 


We finally got to the Red Iguana for a late lunch, early dinner--a very unique Mexican food restaurant we had wanted to try. Ending our day, we walked around City Creek for a few hours, enjoying one of Salt Lake's newest attractions.

Last but not least, yesterday was our actual anniversary and Ben surprised me with flowers, I made chicken cordon bleu, and we ate our wedding cake that has been in the freezer for a year.


Us after church. 


The pretty flowers Ben picked! 

It really was the perfect anniversary trip: sweet and simple. Most importantly, it was so fun for just the two of us to be off doing something fun, just for us. It really wouldn't have mattered what we had chosen to do because being together always makes for the "funnest" of times. 


2 comments:

  1. aah! i miss salt lake! the zoo... red iguana... i've told alex many times I would not mind ending up back in utah for the rest of our lives!

    Happy Anniversary!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy anniversary! I love the Little America too! We stayed there after our wedding and have gone back for our anniversary. Glad you had a great weekend celebrating! :)

    ReplyDelete