Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Busy Times

The last few weeks have been filled with loads of work, Young Women responsibilities, and family fun. Finally, I can write a blog post without feeling guilty because I have finally put in my loads of laundry, deep cleaned the kitchen and bathrooms, dusted, and worked on a couple of things that have been on my list for weeks.

In summary......
  • Ben and I went to the Valentines Day Stake Married Dance (internationally themed) and had fun mingling with some of our dear friends; I had too much fun dancing. I can't even explain how much I have missed it. I probably made a fool out of myself, but I just get so much joy from it! Poor Ben had to suffer through it :( I loved watching all the old couples dance--there's nothing quite as romantic as a couple in their seventies swaying to the music. 
We tried to go Spanish-ish looking



We got to sit at the Mexico table, which was great except we got plastic cups and grapefruit juice while the people "in France" got wine glasses with Martinelli's--sigh. 


Heather dressed up Japanese style :) She is such a good friend and YW president. We had so much fun chatting with our fun ward friends! 

  • I've been baking a ton the last few weeks for various activities etc. The only thing I dislike about baking is my messy kitchen afterwards. Here is a billion dollar bar I made that probably had a billion calories:

  • We got to spend some time with Ben's parents Saturday night and last night and had loads of fun! We went to the Weber State basketball game Saturday night, and I have decided that I don't know anyone who goes to Weber anymore--sad day. However, Waldo came and sat with us so that made it all better!

  • Pizza Pie Cafe is now open in North Ogden! Best thing ever :) I have always loved their variety of pizza, pasta, salads, and dessert pizzas for a relatively low price. And let's face it, North Ogden needs some more shopping and restaurants (at least, in my opinion)

  • Ben got me to go snow-shoeing with him on Saturday. I really tried to like it. Really. But it really felt like you strap ten pound weights to each foot and trudge through the snow--"people do this for fun?" I thought the whole time. I told Ben I will give it another chance (the only boots I own are way too big so that may have made it extra hard). 
  • Ben and I have watched a few Murder She Wrote episodes over the last few weeks--nothing like Angela Lansbury to make you happy amidst the craziness of life!
Nothing too eventful in the Browning home at the moment, but we are happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment