Sunday, February 17, 2013

Lots of Love

Last week was Valentine's Day, and my valentine and I had lots of fun celebrating this year! Our main celebration was going to The Prairie Schooner in Ogden (I had never been before), and it was so much fun! You get to eat in private booths that are just like covered wagons with your own lantern where you can adjust the lighting! I loved it! Ben and I fell in love with the soup that came with our meal. I am always evaluating potato and cheese soups to see which one I like best, and this one was definitely the winner. As shown below, a photographer came and offered to take our picture for free and then email it to us. We laughed when we got it back because it's totally an advertisement, but I guess they have to make their way in the world :) They also gave all the females a rose when they came in, so basically I would definitely recommend this restaurant!

Our advertisement dinner photo
Our non-professional picture
I woke up and made us a breakfast feast before he went to work.
I am in love with flowers, especially roses. I am glad Ben knows this about me; he did a great job picking them out .

My flowers and my poem Ben wrote to me. I am so lucky I married a poet.
I gave Ben this ridiculously, adorable, huge card. I also gave him this to remind him that I like puppies--ahem.

After our fun-filled day, we made home-made hot fudge sundaes and watched a movie--a perfect ending for our day. The next day we drove to my parents' because most of my siblings were in town. The sun looked amazing along our drive. We had so much fun spending time with family and sampling Steve's chef skills by eating the best taquitos/rice ever! It's so nice to have a future chef in the family; hopefully, we don't wear him out too fast with all his cooking.

beautiful sunset
We spent some time with Oreo, too.
The best part was watching Steve's family open their mission call to Uruguay where they will be mission presidents via webex. We love the Smith family so much and will miss them!

Even after all that fun, our weekend was still not over. We spent Sunday going to Ward Conference and then spending time with Ben's family where we had a delicious dinner and played Telestrations. That is seriously my favorite game. I used to play it all the time on paper with different friends, but it is now an actual board game--love! (Yes, I actually do like some games; I know that's shocking to some of you...Uno, Telestrations....games with no strategy are the ones I like :) The next morning we had a brunch at my house with Ben's family. (Can I just say, I think one of my favorite things in the whole-wide world is to host. I get so much joy out of having people over). We then went to Smith and Edwards and had a three hour blast! Smith and Edwards is known for having everything you can possibly think of! Their motto is "We have it if you can find it." We found the most random things there. We found Hagrid boots that Sam and Nat had me try on; I truly felt like a giant (they were a size fourteen)!



 I then found my new favorite pair of running shoes which I purchased. I love the bright colors! 

 

Yesterday night Ben was kind enough to go with me to Jane Eyre, a musical, in Logan! That's true love! It was a fun date night! I miss going to musical, plays, and ballet-type things!

This week we felt lots of love for our family, friends, and food--every week should be Valentine's week :) 

1 comment: