Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Missing Childhood



Childhood was such a wonderful time. I think I am (finally) realizing that life will never be as care-free as it was back then. Sometimes I miss the simplicity that accompanied life as a little girl.

Here is what I have been missing about childhood lately....



Having all the time in the world to go out and explore the backyard, examine every flower, look at every squirrel and dress up. The world was your playground.



Waiting for dinner to be made as you play or take a nap and slowly smell the alluring smells of dinnertime permeate the room. You are then called into dinner and wa-la--it's all ready for you.



Spending whole afternoons playing with animals I would find. You could spend all day with all your animal friends.




Possessing the innocence and optimism in everyone and everything. You believed everyone was your best friend and people were inherently good. Right and wrong seemed so clear.



Going to school and feeling such immense enthusiasm for learning.


Reading all day in the summers and taking lessons to improve yourself--dance, voice, etc. You didn't realize it then, but it was all about you.



Reflecting on my "growing up years," I realize how blessed my life has been. My parents were two loving people who taught us the difference between right and wrong and how we could improve ourselves. 



Although my siblings and I did not always get along being so close in age--five of us in seven years--we had fun together creating plays, jumping on the trampoline, and playing "school." 



Those were wonderful times, beautiful times. I was so blessed, and I didn't even know it.



2 comments:

  1. I love all of these pictures! Where did you get them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are from the wedding slideshow we had made :)

    ReplyDelete