Tuesday, April 23, 2013

The Eternal Number

Someone turned 29 on Saturday, and that someone happens to be my wonderful husband! I have heard it is the eternal, perpetuating number because we all know what happens after 29...


Ben knows what my needs are, even before I know what I need. He has the biggest, most unselfish heart in the world, and I am so grateful he was born! He even bequeathed me with these flowers last week when I was done performing an opera duet with my dear friend Becca!


Because his birthday was on a Saturday (how often does that happen!?), we had the whole weekend to celebrate. While he was at work on Friday, I decorated with BYU decor for Ben's birthday breakfast bash on Saturday! Ben and I both have a huge love for our Alma Mater--so it was fun to surprise him with BYU propaganda :)




I picked Ben up from work, and we met up with Mike, Mary, and my parents for a Brazilian feast (Ben's favorite). We then went through City Creek where Ben was able to get some new clothes for the first time since being married. I loved being able to help him pick them out!


Saturday morning, it happened--Ben turned 29, and we had a breakfast feast with family and friends complete with a breakfast burrito bar, crepe bar, and smoothies. We have some amazing family and friends who were so sweet to join us. After the birthday bash, we went with Ben's parents to see Parental Guidance, which was sweet enough at the end to make me cry! Ben and I were going to go out to eat after that, but he felt like Little Caesar's Deep Dish instead. So we went home, had pizza, watched movies, and ate Ben's favorite--Chocolate Cream Puff Dessert (Ben doesn't like cake).  Ben needs to have birthdays more often because they are loads of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment