Thursday, April 18, 2013

Pictures of Food and Such


This post contains too many images of food, suggesting the author's minor obsession with it. Yes, she has become one of those annoying "take pictures of their food" type people. 

I haven't blogged in forever, which I blame on our new house project (which I would rather not dwell on at the moment since it's stressing me out, but I am sure once it's over, I will love to talk about it).

As a recap of the last month--


We went with Ben's parents to the new doughnut shop in Ogden. I was so excited for it because I happen to love doughnuts. I had no idea that this was not an ordinary doughnut shop; everything looked so fancy-dancy. My doughnut looked too good to eat! They were delicious; however, the frosting was a little on the overkill for me. 


My sweet Dad surprised all us kids by special ordering us a cake from the Cake Boss (the show) in New Jersey. It was so delightful to be eating something from New Jersey! My dad's surprises are the best. 


I planted daffodils this year and did not know that you were supposed to group them together, so they look a little lonely all spread out. Daffodils make me so happy! I am learning that I did not inherit my grandma's green thumb. I wish I enjoyed gardening more, so far I just can't stand kneeling down in the dirt. I have found one true love of gardening though, raking. I don't know what it is but raking gives me a great sense of joy, so if you ever need someone to rake....I am your girl (you don't even have to get dirty or bend down!)


It's a big deal when Ben and I get anything out to eat, just the two of us; it rarely happens. I know this is sinful, but ever since I saw the deep dish Little Caesar pizza, I knew I had to try it just once, even if it was three extra dollars. It was delectable--crispy on the outside and cheesy on the inside. It's definitely richer than your average pizza so Ben and I decided we liked it for "special occasions." So silly but true!


General Conference came and went; it was just wonderful as always. Just what I needed. Ben and I spent Saturday morning at our home and I made my first artisan bread! It was super easy and tasty, plus I thought it looked pretty, which rarely happens for me. We got to spend all Sunday with Ben's family listening to conference and having fun together. 



I got to babysit these two adorable cuties a couple of times this month; I am so grateful my friends trust me with their little ones. It's a big honor for me to spend time in their presence!

Last weekend Ben and I spent time with my family and for one night we were all there except Mary, who we missed dreadfully! My Dad had us all try the XBOX Connect workout thingy. It was hilarious to watch everyone. 


Leslie and Dad boxing each other! Leslie is tough; I wish I was as strong as her!

Seth has amazing athletic skills (on the screen and in real life). 



It was a fun night, which ended with going to bed and waking up at 3:30 AM to help Kim and Steve drive to CA (they had two cars and that way Kim didn't have to go alone). We got to CA Saturday afternoon, and I left back to Utah at 3:30 Sunday morning. I spent about twelve hours in California--wahoo!


I have been loving this bow that I bought; Ben isn't sure how he feels about it, but some old man in the grocery store liked it, so I figure, I'll keep it. I don't want anyone ever questioning my femininity, not like that would ever happen because let's face it, I am all girl through-and-through.  

No comments:

Post a Comment