Thursday, April 25, 2013

This Little Gem


I was digging through my files yesterday and found this compilation of random things about me (written in 2008). I think this was a popular thing to do on Facebook at the time, but I was too embarrassed to post it. Some of these things have changed a little, but it was funny to read...


1.    I love grilled cheese sandwiches; they are my favorite food ever!!  If you didn't know that, then you probably don’t know me.
2.    The gospel is the most important thing to me; everything else in this life is an appendage to it.  It has sustained me throughout my whole life and always will as long as I keep trying to align my will with His.
3.    I absolutely love animals.  Dogs, cats, bunnies ☺ I would have been a vet if all that was required was playing with animals all day.
4.    I love the years 1837-1901 (the Victorian Era) in England.  I sometimes (a lot of the time) think I should have been born then. 
5.    Because of this love, I am applying to graduate school in British literature for the fall. *check and done.
6.    I really don’t like it when people move my things without me knowing; I have to know where everything is and what condition it is in.
7.    I worked at Special Collections and processed old collections such as: diaries, letters, ephemera, etc. (I love old things).
8.    I love London.  Love it.
9.    I don’t announce my favorite music usually because it is so eclectic. A soundtrack to my life would consist of the Little Women soundtrack, Rudy, and Secret Garden (the group not the movie).
10. I went to three high schools in three states, in three years: CA, WA, UT. 
11. I love education. So much. It bothers me when people don’t appreciate it because it is one of the most valuable things we can gain here on this earth.  I love it when people are passionate about what they do—no matter what it is.
12. I am a horrible test taker. 
13. My dream is to be Fantine or Eponine in Les Miserables one day or Belle in Beauty of the Beast.  Because I moved so many times, I was never able to participate in a musical.
14. I love to read--that is why I am an English major. Writing can be fun, but it is not my favorite; I like talking about books more than writing about them.
15. My top three books are: Les Miserables, An Old Fashioned Girl, and Jane Eyre (and a hundred more).
16. I love things that smell good. I am a firm supporter in scented soap, air fresheners, lotion, perfume etc.
17. In the color code, I am mainly a blue with a little red. To those of you that have experienced my red side, you know I have it. (A description of blue for those who haven't taken the test: motivated by intimacy, love to plan, need details, need to be understood and appreciated, need to connect personally with others, quality-based, loyal, give freely, dependable, have strong code of ethics, honest, judgmental, thoughtful, worry-prone, „analytical, expect honesty from others).Yep, that's me pretty much, sadly--except, when my red fires up every once in a while. 
18. My favorite color is a vivid green (like the hills of Ireland type).
19. Criminal Record: I have received a J-walking ticket and have accidentally stolen gas, but I have never received a ticket.
20. I used to Irish dance.  I received third place at a feis once. 
21. I have been called “the bush” in reference to my crazy hair.
22. One of my most favorite things I own is a book that I bought in London. It is an antique Tennyson book from the 1890s.
23. I love my family and find myself loving them more and more everyday. I admire my mom and dad so much and wish to be like them one day.
24. If my personality was off of characters in a movie, I would be a combination of Meg from Little Women and Anne from Anne of Green Gables. 
25. I love baking, singing, playing with my friends and eating ice-cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment