Monday, July 29, 2013

Everything In Between


Everything is a blur in between Girls Camp and Youth Conference, but somewhere before, between or after, these wonderful things happened: 

We went with Ben's family to the REAL game and were lucky enough to be in a box seat! It was so much fun! 






The Fourth of July was wonderful this year. It is weird to think Mike was celebrating his 24th birthday in Jerusalem! We missed him! After the Real game, the night of the third, we spent the night at my parents' and spent the morning and afternoon with them. 


We had the perfect scenery swimming! It was the clearest day!




After lots of family fun, Ben and I came back to our home. Our neighbors across the street have the best view of the valley. Ben and I had been watering their plants while they were out of town, and they let us use their yard to watch fireworks! We made a picnic of Copycat J-Dawgs hot dogs and corn on the cob. 



The amazing view


Once it got dark, we could see fireworks all over the valley. We saw about eight different shows!


We went to a extended family reunion on my Grandpa Jones' side. It was fun to meet people I never knew I was related to. These four women are so strong. I love them and their examples.



Ben and I love having smoothies in the summer--strawberries, bananas, blueberries, yogurt, and orange juice soothes the soul!




One of the highlights of the summer was watching this little dog, Sadie! Our friends went out of town and let us dog sit. I was in heaven! I loved having her follow me around everywhere and fall asleep on me. Basically, I am one of those crazy dog people :) I just hope I can convince Ben to have a dog one day (those who read this blog regularly are finding out that one of the purposes of this blog is to convince Ben that we need a dog).

Were you looking for a random post because I think you just read one :)

1 comment:

  1. Aw what fun summer festivities! :) you are so cute! So glad they're not quite over... ;)

    ReplyDelete