Monday, July 29, 2013

Keep Calm and Stand Strong

Within two days of our Park City trip, I was off to our ward's Girls Camp, and Ben was in Sun Valley, ID for a family/work related trip. I'll be honest, the idea of sleeping in a tent and "roughing it out" terrified me, but it turned out much better than I had envisioned. It is such a great experience to see the girls fortify their testimonies. We have amazing youth in our ward who try so hard to do what is right. 



Our humble abode


The welcome to camp tunnel!


Our amazing YCLs


The girls did a service project, repairing the patio 


We have artists in our group!


The service project commenced. 


I found this the morning of my birthday. My awesome tent-mates/dear friends made my birthday special. They even had a "tea party" (really just cheese and crackers--no tea) :) for me during free time. I am so blessed to work with the leaders in my ward. Ben surprised me on my birthday by arranging doughnuts to be brought up  for everyone the night of my birthday. It was so sweet and made me cry. He also delivered a card and treats through a friend. 


Our girls were so much better at singing camp songs this year!


The finished patio.


More camp songs


The last day at Pineview! Love these girls


Doing "The Riley"


Cute beehives


I can't believe this lake is twenty minutes from my house, and I had never been there before. So beautiful. 

Girls Camp was a complete success.


No comments:

Post a Comment