Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Delight (V): to please someone greatly

I am going to pretend really hard that there is no mopping, vacuuming, cleaning cabinets, deep cleaning base boards, cleaning out my car, or exercising that needs doing so that I can write this blog post :)

These are the simple things that have DELIGHTED me the past two weeks:

~Re-reading the Anne of Green Gables series. I love it because it makes me laugh out loud and cry. There will always be a part of me that feels as if I understand Anne Shirley. She is so passionate, for better or for worse; she feels so excited about the simple joys of life, some would say overly excited, that she loves; she loves education and literature; she says things she regrets; she acts too hastily at times; she desires loyalty with all she loves; and she has such high expectations of life, that she sometimes feels disappointed when real life isn't as grand as the fairy tales she reads. Yes, I love Anne Shirley because through her I understand more about myself. I see reflections of myself in her character and learn through her mistakes. I love these stories because they are about the every day humorous events, sorrows, and successes that make up life, intertwined with the stories of the dear people around her.

~Watching figure skating in the Olympics. I could watch it all day long; my dream is to see figure skating performed live some day. Some of my favorite childhood memories come from watching the '98 Olympics with my mom and watching Tara Lipinski win. The joy on her face makes me cry every time, and I decided to re-live that by re-watching it this week. I think Ben could do without hearing about Tara and Michelle Kwan from the '98 games :)



~I found a new candy love (just what I need). Last night I discovered that I love Almond M&M's and that they tie for first with my other favorite candy bar, Snickers with Almonds. I didn't realize I had this chocolate almond fetish until recently. Boy, do I love them.

~Ben gave me a pass for a cooking class for Christmas. I was finally able to use it on Saturday, and I have the most selfless husband ever who came with me because it was 2 for 1, and I didn't want to be the only one alone (and Ben doesn't even enjoy cooking a quesadilla so this was a big deal!) I learned so much about candy making, and I never knew home made marshmallows could taste so good! I don't even like store-bought ones. I loved that they let us all taste test everything that was taught!  To top off our much needed date, we went to Sandy's where I had a delicious Santa Fe Salad!

~I have loved being at home. The last few months have been so fun, but other than work, I am rarely at home. Jane Austen once said, "There is nothing like staying at home for true comfort," and it is so true!

No comments:

Post a Comment