Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Family in Vermont

Thanks to my mom and dad, I had the wonderful opportunity to go to to Vermont to visit/"help out" (which I really didn't) with my sister, Kim, and her baby Everett. I was a lucky girl: I got to see and catch up with Kim; I got to hold and meet baby Everett; I got to eat a meal cooked by Steve (Kim's husband is going to culinary school--amazing), and I got to be in one of my new favorite states, Vermont. 

I am still, as ever, in love with Vermont. I love New England--the old buildings, the history, the scenery, and the established character of the towns there. I was in love with the bed & breakfast I stayed in, originally built in 1818. I kept wishing the walls could talk so I could hear their stories over the last almost 200 years. The homemade maple yogurt and granola was such a treat every morning! When I drove through Montpelier to Kim & Steve's apartment, I was struck by the charm of the town. There are hardly any fast food restaurants, people walk everywhere, even in the bitter cold, and you feel like time has slowed down. It was the perfect way to start my mornings. 

My beyond charming room: 


The dining room for breakfast: 




Now, for the real reason I was in Vermont--meet this little cutie (and prepare yourself to be bombarded by pictures galore). 


Cute mama and son~






We had too much fun dressing him up like his dad in his baby chef outfit. Adorable.




Everett made these faces in the matter of sixty seconds: 





Kim and I tested out her stroller which she loves (thanks to Kristen!) We lasted about five minutes in the 32 degree weather (the warmest it was while I was out there), but the wind chill made it feel much colder. 


He made the best poses. 


Pictures of sweet Everett and Kim: 



I have had too much fun with my niece and nephews the past few months. I am so excited to watch all of them grow up! Hopefully, they'll know their Aunt Katie loves them dearly :)


As a side-note, this psychedelic tunnel is through the Detroit airport. It stresses me out every time with its lights flashing with the music. It would be really cool if you weren't in an airport trying to catch a plane is what I've decided. 


1 comment:

  1. You got some great pictures! Thanks for coming, we loved having you! :)

    ReplyDelete