Monday, December 17, 2012

Christmas Festivities

Even with all the traveling Ben and I have and will do in the last few weeks, we have still tried to create some Christmas magic in our home :)

A couple of weeks ago we had a couple of good friends in our ward come over with their darling children to make Christmas tree ice cream cones and eat grilled cheese. We had so much fun!


I love that Pinterest has ideas I would have never thought of otherwise...


The kid's table :)


I have too much fun playing with these kids...


And I have too much fun talking to their moms...




Jack stole a kiss at the end of our fun night together!


As for other Christmas festivities...

We also got to go to Christmas Village on a fun double date, which is Ogden's secret gem--seriously one of the best things Ogden  has to offer! 

Ben and I were able to go with his parents to Temple Square/City Creek to see the lights. 

Along with these Christmas activities, I have been able to try out many new recipes on friends and neighbors--my most proud moment was making these cinnamon rolls. They turned out so fluffy and BIG. I'll be honest, it was one of my prouder moments in baking.



On top of all of that, it has been most wonderful to reflect on the true meaning of Christmas. Christ came to earth and died for each of our sins. Knowing this is the key to finding lasting happiness, even in a world where there is so much chaos. I am so grateful that we have Christmas time to reflect a little more than usual. This video always puts things in perspective for me. Merry Christmas!




No comments:

Post a Comment