Wednesday, January 23, 2013

An Elk, Cars, Hyenas, and Outlets

The title pretty much sums up our weekend :)


I love when Ben has holidays off with his banking schedule! This meant a three day weekend for us. We started off the weekend by attending the car show (my second one since last year's) with Ben's family! My favorite part is always looking at all the little features of the new mini-vans: the keep-cool box, foot rests for the captain chairs, a million drink holders, and other little features. Yes, a mini-van is my dream car, seriously. Oh, and my other favorite part is looking at all the new car colors. We had lots of family fun and got to explore several cars!

The boys!

Nat and I enjoying the perks of a car show!



Saturday morning--Ben getting some Oreo dog time. Ben, can we please get a dog? :)

We then took off from the car show in Sandy to spend the night at my parents. Saturday morning I went grocery shopping to prepare my mom a (very, very, very late birthday feast). Then we all met up at the new outlets at Traverse Mountain. I fell in love. Banana Republic, Ann Taylor, J Crew, The Gap, and a kitchen store -- all these dangerously pricy stores in one location. The best part is EVERYTHING was on sale because they were outlets! New favorite shopping place!

The view from my parents' bedroom window

No big deal. Just an elk outside my parents' front yard. 

We then returned back to my parents where I made homemade rolls, funeral potatoes, parmesan yogurt chicken, a salad, and a chocolate caramel cake. In the process of making all this food, I heard my mom and dad yell, "It's an elk, an elk!" My first thought was... deer? I mean this is Alpine, Utah, not the wilderness. So I looked out the window and what did I see? A huge male elk staring back at me! I felt like we were in Yellowstone or something!

Strange animals must have been following us because the next morning at 5AM we were woken to some crazy yapping, howling noises that I had never experienced. My sleepy self could only muster to speak the first thing that came to my mind, "It's hyenas! Hyenas outside!" To which Ben responded, "Hyenas?" Of course, I meant coyotes, but hyenas were the only thing coming to mind. We have laughed since reflecting at our neighborhood hyenas. Apparently, there is a pack of coyotes nearby. I have decided they are the most obnoxious animals ever. This is how they sound:

Be prepared:



It was an adventurous weekend which ended with a much needed relaxing Sunday and Monday. 
The end.

2 comments:

  1. Katie I got a minivan last summer, and though it wasnt my dream car I love it! I would never go back! My friends laugh because I have one child and a minivan, but it is great! And great for having friends with kids then you can all go places together. So excited for you to get you dream car, you will LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love minivans too. I think I've just about convinced Brian too! Oh, hyenas! That makes me laugh so hard. Coyotes sound creepy, don't they?

    ReplyDelete