Thursday, January 3, 2013

La Jolla Trip

The day after Christmas I was feeling much better although not completely myself, but that was good enough for me because the troops a.k.a. the family was heading to La Jolla to spend two nights in a condo on the beach. We headed out to La Jolla, which is one of my favorite CA spots, to enjoy the ocean. We had so much fun taking pictures with Ben's new camera!

We started off by getting settled, exploring the beach, going to BJ's for dinner, walking along the beach at night, and then coming back and playing a vigorous round of Pictionary.


My love and I


A blurry BJ's picture


The entrance of the hotel had Santa's sleigh!


Seth and Leslie!


We loved the beach at night!


We love each other :)

We woke up to a high tide (literally, the tide went to the edge of our hotel). I felt so much better! We had breakfast, went to the cove and watched the sea lions try and kill each other, then explored down town. We came back, and Ben and I walked along the beach for an hour and a half and talked a ton. We went to Roy's for dinner and had a delicious chocolate souffle. We came back and played catch phrase and then had a bonfire on the beach. We loved it!


Ben and I discovered his self-timer feature :)


Right before breakfast


My handsome husband!


Les and I 


The sea lions looked majestic (minus the smell)


Ben and I at the cove


These birds were crazy looking!


Sisters! Love Kim Smith!


The newlyweds


Ben and I by the twisty tree.

\

Seth and Les by the twisty tree


La Jolla was lined with red bows. 

Ben and I our walk along the beach :)


The family bonfire


Ben and I using the self-timer feature once again :)

We woke up the next morning, checked out of the hotel, explored La Jolla a little more and ate at a delicious restaurant with an amazing ocean view. We then came back to the Murrieta house, relaxed, and ate dinner. 
Ben took a few pictures of the outside of the home.  


The next morning it was time to say goodbye. We had such wonderful, family bonding time that it was hard to say goodbye. Seth and Leslie will be staying at the house while Kim and Steve return to BYU-I. With the BYU-I track system, it's hard to keep track of who is coming and going, but regardless of where they are, we love them dearly. It was a perfect family vacation!

No comments:

Post a Comment