Wednesday, February 29, 2012

February Flurries

There's little white snowflakes dancing in the sky right now. I have a cold (another one) and am reflecting on my February.

So many things have happened in the Browning family this past year! Ben and I got married. Kristen and Josh had their baby in November! Spencer, Ben's youngest brother, left on his mission to Russia in November. Kristen and Josh left to Davenport, Iowa two weeks ago with their baby, Tate, to start chiropractor school! We miss them, but it sounds like a friendly place! Sam is doing great in his classes at BYU! We live about twenty minutes away from Ben's parents, who are now empty nesters now that Kristen, Josh, and Tate have moved out. It has been fun to do some double dating with them! What a great family I married into! Hopefully, we'll all be together soon and the Brownings can take a rest for a while :) !

I was able to babysit my dear friend Becca's little girl, Kate! They are in our ward, and we love them :) We had so much fun playing with a ball, hand puppets, and playing hide and go seek! Becca just had her baby Friday, yay! I am so excited for their growing family! Isn't she so cute in her little princess outfit!?

I have also been doing the usual baking and cooking. It seriously is one of the most satisfying things to do in my life right now. I love it. This is a pasta dish with doritos, YES doritos, refried beans, all types of peppers, onions, and, of course, cheese. It definitely had a spice to it--yum!


Last but not least, Ben and I gave our living room a make over! We went to a furniture store in Perry that was going out of business and got a love seat, tree and picture all at a good price! This way, people don't need to sit in a moon chair or DI chair when they come in. Yay! This is one of the rooms that we want to paint. I am not a huge fan of the mustard color on the wall--it just. . . doesn't work for me. I think we are going to paint this room a pale yellow! Someday. :) We love the colors in our new painting!
It is so fun making a house a home. I just gave the YW lesson a couple weeks ago on homemaking and how the most important part of making a house a home is making it a place where the Spirit can reside. Even with a living room makeover, this is not the most important thing to making our house feel like a home. Homemaking is a daily practice of doing the things that let the Spirit reside there daily. Sometimes I am in a rush to fill up empty rooms with decorations, repaint some walls, and get new furniture, and then I remind myself that although these things are fun and exciting, they are not what makes a house a home. I am so grateful feeling at home with my Ben regardless of empty rooms!

No comments:

Post a Comment