Monday, May 14, 2012

A Mother's Love

I will always consider myself blessed because I can say that Gwen Connors is my mother.


My mom taught me clearly and lovingly the difference between right and wrong. She taught me to stand up for what's right, regardless of the social consequences. She taught me to put the Lord first in my life and that if I did that, everything else would fall into place. My mom showed me what faith looks like: an undeviating conviction that God lives no matter the trials that befall. My mom taught me to thirst for knowledge and to immerse myself in the best literature, entertainment, and music. My mom emulates selfless service in every daily act she performs. She is ALWAYS thinking of others before herself. There are too many qualities to name here, but my mom has shown me love in more ways than I can count, but one example that comes to mind comes from not too long ago.

When I was single, my mom would wait up for me until after midnight, many times, to hear about dates I would go on, make sure I was safe, and to offer some kind advice and support when I needed it most; she knew that I needed her through that time when everyone and everything else had its inconsistencies, which comes with single adult life, but she was right there, the most consistent support in my life. Our talks give me strength. I am lucky to say that my mom is one of my best friends.



I now have another example of motherhood in my life through Ben's mom. I have already begun to learn so much from Deanna. She is another example of putting the Lord first in her life. She is constantly serving others whether it's coming and helping us garden, cleaning our house before we moved in, or taking us to do fun things; her life of service makes me want to focus on others the way she does. Deanna loves learning, which is a trait I really admire. She is involved in so many things, volunteering at the hospital, a book club, Daughters of the Utah pioneers, and I love how actively involved she is with life! Her well-rounded example has transferred to her sons. I am so glad she has shaped and influenced Ben, so he could be the man I am married to today.

Where would we be without our mothers' love?

No comments:

Post a Comment