Monday, May 7, 2012

Playing Catch Up

Craziness is what describes the last month and a half. Ben and I realized yesterday that we haven't been at home on a Saturday since March 17! Life has been wonderful and busy all at the same time. Did I mention we went to conference? (Forever ago. . . I know). What an amazing experience to be able to be there in person with thousands of people with the love of my life :)
Seth and Leslie had their beautiful Open House in Alpine on the 21st of April. They are adorable together, and we are so glad Leslie is in our family!
In my limited free time, I have still been cooking up a storm. These bread sticks were some of my favorite!
I have basically decided that even though I love cooking, it's a two edged sword with calories, so I am trying to cut back, especially on baking sweets (sad because it's so much fun!) My free time has also consisted of GARDENING. This is very new for me. We have had many sweet people, especially Ben's parents, help us with our yard and teaching us how it's done. We have spent lots of time pruning, weeding, etc. This is definitely a new experience for me. I have actually enjoyed doing it; I just don't think I like HOW much time it takes, but it's fun to watch our plants and flowers grow. The people who lived here before had it landscaped with a variety of flowers and plants so each time a new one pops up, it's a surprise to us!
We are loving our yard and our view, even with all the hard work!
Ben and I were able to attend Ben's best buddy's, Tommy's, wedding in Salt Lake. It was the perfect day! Tommy and Jamie looked so happy, and we are excited for them. The tulips were beautiful on Temple Square!
This weekend we went home for my youngest sister's, Mary's, prom. Mary looked so beautiful! She looked like she stepped out of a fairy tale as a garden party princess!
After seeing Mary off to Prom, Ben and I went and saw The Avengers! Ben had been waiting for that moment :) I know it's dorky, but I love some of the themes in The Avengers as well as in Captain America and Thor. Who knew I liked some action movies? Just one example of how marriage can change you :) Saturday was so fun! I will cover that in a later post because it needs its own :)

No comments:

Post a Comment