Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Finally!

The day of the 24th, Pioneer Day, made me SO happy! Reason being is because my WHOLE family was finally together!!! It has been about four years since both of my brothers left on their missions (they overlapped) and have come back without us really being all together.


We have had a few hours where we were kind of all together, but friends of siblings were around and people were doing their own thing, so this is the first time we were all REALLY together, and I loved every minute of it! Since Seth and Leslie, Kim, and Mike all go to BYU-I, and on their off-tracks live in California, it is really hard to get us all together, especially considering they are all on different tracks at BYU-I.

We were going to have a family reunion this weekend, but Sam and Natalie are getting married in Sacramento this weekend so Ben and I will miss it (we often wish we could be in two places at once). My grandparents even flew in from California! But I am just happy that we got to spend one precious day with my WHOLE family, plus Grandma and Grandpa. It was also so fun getting to spend more time with Leslie, my sister-in-law, and having fun with her. She is so fun to be around, and I am constantly laughing at all her fun stories. It's so fun to have an additional sister on the Connors side!

The night of the 23rd, Grandma, Grandpa and Mike weren't in town yet, but we had a family dinner, Family Home Evening, and watched a movie together. It was fun to reconnect after what feels like forever!

On the 24th, Mike and the grandparents flew in, and we all celebrated at The Cheesecake Factory, which I found out has the most delicious Oreo milkshakes, if anyone cares. We then came back for a riveting two hour badmitten tournament!

It is actually pretty intense--with the birdie and all :)
Ben played the whole time!
Grandma and Grandpa watched although Grandma did play for about a half hour! She did quite well; she played basketball in high school and has always been athletic. I wonder where that gene went?
Leslie was amazing! Badminton is one of her many talents.
We then all went on a swim! It was Ben's first time in my family's pool! 
I am so glad Ben is now part of the Connors Clan! 
Classic Seth pose.
We roasted s'mores while my parents were at the MTC (my dad is a branch president there). 
The best part was just chatting about old memories, reconnecting, and eating chocolatey-marshmallowy goodness. I will forever be part of the Connors family, which I am so grateful for! I will be counting down the days until next Christmas when we can all be together again!



No comments:

Post a Comment