Thursday, July 12, 2012

The Marriage of True Minds


Shakespeare
Sonnet 116
 Let me not to the marriage of true minds
 Admit impediments. Love is not love
Which alters when it alteration finds, 
Or bends with the remover to remove:
O no! it is an ever-fixed mark 
 That looks on tempests and is never shaken;
It is the star to every wandering bark,
Whose worth's unknown, although his height be taken.
Love's not Time's fool, though rosy lips and cheeks
 Within his bending sickle's compass come:
 Love alters not with his brief hours and weeks,
 But bears it out even to the edge of doom.
 If this be error and upon me proved,
 I never writ, nor no man ever loved.

 I have always loved this sonnet as Shakespeare describes love so beautifully as "an ever-fixed mark" that never alters and "bears it out even to the edge of doom." Sorry, I just have to incorporate some of my English nerdiness occasionally on this blog; I can't help it!

 Speaking of love... (smooth transition, yeah?) the day after we got back from Youth Conference was the wedding dinner for Kelsi, who I could not have survived my Ogden single days without. Can I just say...this girl is amazing. She gets more done than anyone I know while being the most loyal friend anyone could imagine. Picture this. The day before my dear Kelsi Anderson becomes Kelsi Flint and then will move to Wisconsin as Ty, her husband, will finish dental school, she hands me this at her wedding dinner for my birthday:




 First of all, this is precious. Second of all, it's so precious it made me cry. Third of all, she is so thoughtful she is giving me a handmade birthday gift the night before she gets married. Fourth of all, the realization of Kelsi Joi leaving me and moving to Wisconsin for the next few years hits me. Tears. I just love my Kelsi Joi. Here's the list of how similar Kelsi and I are so I can persuade to you the depth of our friendship:


 1)We both have teaching certificates in English and love books, except Kelsi taught English at Jordan High School this past year whereas I have only student taught.
2) We both love singing, but Kelsi can play the piano exquisitely while singing.
3) We both analyze everything, for good or bad; however, I am the worst at this.
4) We both got married at the same age, other than it was a few months sooner for Kelsi.
5) We love talking to each other.
6) We love talking to each other.
7) We love talking to each other.
8) Our birthdays are in June.
9) We worked at the Weber State Writing Center together.
10) Our differences complement each other.





 The next morning was Kelsi's sealing at the Bountiful Utah Temple. It was beautiful. Kelsi and Ty just beamed. I am so glad Kelsi and Ty found each other--they are perfect for one another. As a side note, we saw Elder Ballard (from afar) inside the temple, and I was standing right next to Elizabeth Smart at one point. Kind of crazy! I must say... Kelsi looked absolutely stunning. 




I felt honored that she wore the tiara-sparkly-pearl head piece I wore for my wedding. It made me feel like somehow I had been a part of Kelsi's whole day experience; silly, I know but I can dream, right!? 


See, we're twins!



 After we took pictures together, Ben and I raced down to Ogden where a family shower was being held in Natalie's honor :) and I needed to make some cucumber sandwiches and help with preparations.


The shower turned out quite charming--it was outside, we ate, we talked, we laughed, and we got to learn many things about Natalie from her mom (one of my favorite parts).



Opening gifts


They even look color coordinated.


Wonderful family :)

After the shower, we tried on bridesmaid skirts and chatted, and then it was time for Ben and I to go to Kelsi's lovely reception.   





This is Kelsi's grandma's home, and it was a darling place to have a reception. 


Beautiful


More Beautiful!


The cake


Dancing


I don't think I have seen a more darling wedding dance picture than this one, even with a not-so-good quality  photo.


Sigh


Look what I caught! 


No, I did not catch the bouquet.

It was vintage, elegant, and fun--very Kelsi. And when the time came for her to drive away with Ty, I had to withhold tears thinking that this simultaneously meant she is moving away.


 So basically, this post is about the excitement and changes marriages bring, the moving of a best friend, and the addition of a sweet, wonderful sister all because of the best choice anyone will ever make, marriage to an eternal companion.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures, thoughts, and sonnet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found your apron blog! How amazing! That is talent!! I love all of them! I am already thinking about my favorites so I can give Ben ideas for a much loved Christmas present! :)

    ReplyDelete