Thursday, July 5, 2012

Sun Valley

Immediately following Girls Camp, things got even busier, with two days to prepare for our next trips. I came home and Ben and I reunited with Josh, Kristen, and Tate (Ben's brother and family) who were in town from Iowa on their break from Josh's Chirporactic school; we went to a family reunion, went shopping for my birthday, which I greatly appreciated, and prepared for Youth Conference and Sun Valley.


Ben grew up going to Sun Valley every year, except his mission and last year, because his dad would go to the Utah Banker's Association meeting every year where bankers could bring their families and spend a little less than half of the time in meetings and the rest of the time with family. He has told me about this for a while, and so I have been greatly looking forward to this! This year, because Ben works at the bank, Ben was invited to attend as a Banker.

Ben and I stopped along the way and took a picture in the fields of Idaho. It was a fun Sunday drive, listening to church music, which I love. As we were driving along, I was a little skeptical as we were a half hour away from our destination and there was sage brush and desert all around, and I wasn't sure how it would magically turn into the lush green resort town everyone speaks of, but it did! I just had to wait for it, and then Wa-La!

It looked so beautiful that it almost looked fake. 
We stayed in a condo with three bedrooms; Josh, Kristen, and Tate were in one room, Frank and Deanna in another, and  Sam and Natalie came too and, being engaged, they had to be split up so the only logical explanation was to put Natalie and I in one room and have Ben and Sam in the floor in the family room (poor guys). Although it was sad to be away from Ben, it created some fun late night talks with Nat, which I loved!
Where Natalie and I got to stay! These rooms were the most charming things ever. I would love to decorate like this; it feels so cozy and picturesque. 
Eating outside was a favorite.
I loved the elegance of all the conference rooms, and lobbies; the whole town area had a Swiss/European feel, and the inside of buildings had a lodge theme that definitely portrayed elegance. 
Who doesn't like to watch ice-skating while they eat? I am obsessed with ice skating so seeing some amazing pair skaters on my birthday lunch just about made me in heaven. 
Upon our evening arrival, Ben immediatly took me on a tour and we explored what Sun Valley had to offer. 
I loved the greeness.
There were beautiful ponds everywhere.
The next day was my birthday, and our first full day at Sun Valley. Family was so kind and made a poster for me, a llama pinata, and delicious chocolate cups with icecream (thank you, Kristen!)
Delicious food
Ben and I with our one and only nephew, Tate. Isn't he a cutie!? :) Some of my favorite 25th birthday memories are from Ben and I walking around Sun Valley at night and stalking a raccoon. It was so fun to spend my birthday with my husband. Last birthday was the first time we held hands; now we are husband and wife!
Raccons look kind of cute
Until you realize they are evil stealers of the trash!
All in all, it was a wonderful birthday, intermingled with business meals, family bingo, meetings, family fun, and stalking a raccoon with my husband :) The rest of Sun Valley was filled with fun with our Iowan family, getting to play with our cute long lost nephew
going to the Kenny Loggin's concert with cute Sam and Natalie
Making funny comments about the concert, throughout :)
And watching an amazing sunset!
The highlight of the concert was watching Natalie and Sam dance to Kenny Loggins, the original singer of Footloose, dance to it LIVE just as we were about to leave early. I'll admit it, Kenny Loggins is great, but we were probably the youngest people there, practically :) I am so glad these two are getting married for many reasons; one of them being I can watch impromptu dance concerts at any time. 


Sun Valley is already such a beautiful memory to me made up of a charming place, wonderful family, banker family fun and an amazing time that flew by too fast. 


1 comment:

  1. Oh I love Sun Valley! Sounds like you guys had lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete