Monday, July 16, 2012

Parade of Homes

Accenting Decorations.
Light colored paints.
Big windows.
Beautiful shutters.
Upstairs bedrooms.
Two ovens.
Window seats.
A formal dining room.
Wallpaper in the laundry room/some bathrooms.
Elegant light fixtures.
Built in book cases.
A second mini sink on the kitchen island.

These are some distant dreams that I created for myself while walking through the Parade of Homes. *The Parade of Homes lets you go through 30 homes around the area, which are all professionally decorated,  over the span of a few weeks*

It was Ben's brilliant idea to go to the Parade of Homes this year. I am so glad we did it, even though it was right after our craziness of being out of town and some nights I wanted to just stay home. Every time we went out we had so much fun talking about our future hopes and dreams for life and for our own home. We even want to adopt some ideas of decor for our own home! I took so many pictures, but here were some of my favorite homes, styles, layouts, and designs. Many of which, may never be a reality in the Browning home, but it's fun to dream, right? :)


I never knew a brick wall (mind you, only one of four walls) could feel so cozy and Victorian


This is a disguised refrigerator and freezer! 


Star burner? Yes, please!


Cutest child's play room


Fire truck engine bathtub? yes, yes, yes!


A newly built Victorian home--was this made for me?


I love the cutouts in the Victorian home!


Built in bookshelves


Ben and I are obsessed with these spaces that are on the second story that overlook the family room area, where kids' desks can go and where it is easy to see who is coming and going because it feels so much more welcome and inviting than a narrow skinny upstairs hallway.


The best part was being able to dream up dreams with my best friend :)

No comments:

Post a Comment