Monday, September 24, 2012

The Irony of Another Family Wedding!

I am pleased to announce that Kim, my little sister, is getting married to Stephen Smith. We are so happy for the two of them, and they seem perfect for each other. This is no ordinary match, however.

Other than the ironic fact that this will be the fourth Connors/Browning wedding in about 14 months, a Connors and a Smith ending up together is quite ironic :)

 It all started with  Stephen's dad and my dad crossing paths. For instance....

  • Our dads went to the same high school at the same time in California.
  • Our dads were both converted to the LDS church around the same age and went on missions.
  • Stephen's parents set my parents up on their first date.
  • Growing up, we spent many fun times with the Smiths like going with them to Hawaii when I was under the age of four. 
  • Our dads started a business, their current one, together and are still business partners. 
  • Our dads wrote books together.
  • Some of us siblings paired with the Smiths for EFY roommates (including me).
  • When my dad was released as stake president, the stake was split into two and President Smith was then called to be one of the stake presidents.
  • Our dads and moms consider each other best friends
So when we realized things were getting serious for Kim and Stephen, we were so elated with the possibility that we could be family with the Smiths (maybe that's stretching it, but still!) Consequently, we are all so happy. I am so happy because I have been close friends with some of the Smith girls, and now I can say that we are officially, or non-officially, related--and we will be bridesmaids together :) . I love seeing our family expand with some amazing in-laws. We are so excited for their San Diego Temple wedding coming this December! Congrats, Kim and Steve!!


2 comments:

  1. Yeah! So excited for Kim and your family. That is so neat that your families will now be related.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so exciting! i loved hearing about all the connections and history with your two families! i hope we'll be in town and will be able to come to the reception! :)

    ReplyDelete